Your rights as a patient:
- To be treated with respect and consideration without regard to race, creed, national origin, disability, gender or age.
- To obtain complete and current information concerning all aspects of your care.
- To be seen by the doctor of choice.
- To know the name and professional status of all people who provide your care.
- To refuse care and to be informed of the clinical consequences of this action.
- To expect that communications and records are treated confidentially according to current regulations and/or as required by law.
- To understand why tests and procedures are required.
- To understand and receive an explanation of your bill, regardless of the source of payment, and options for available payment plans.
- To be advised of any potential involvement in research projects. The patient has the right to refuse to participate in such projects.
- To expect reasonable continuity of care.
- To receive information to make informed consent prior to the start of any procedure and/or provision of patient care.
- To review your personal healthcare record and to receive an explanation of the information contained therein within a reasonable timeframe, in accordance with clinic policy.
- To request an amendment of your personal healthcare record.
- To be free from all forms of abuse or harassment.
- To receive care in a safe and smoke-free environment.
- To receive information about how to submit a complaint or concern, upon request, from Palmer Chiropractic Clinics.
- To submit a complaint or concern, verbally or in writing, without compromise to your care or access to care.
Your responsibilities as a patient:
- To arrive on time for appointments and follow-up visits and to phone Palmer Chiropractic Clinics if you must cancel or arrive late.
- To provide Palmer Chiropractic Clinics with a complete and accurate clinical history.
- To ask questions if any aspect of your care is not clear.
- To follow directions concerning clinical management and to express any concerns about your ability to follow such directions throughout the course of care.
- To treat all those involved in the Palmer Chiropractic Clinics community with respect and consideration.
- To take financial responsibility for services provided by Palmer Chiropractic Clinics.
- To report changes in health status/condition to the clinician providing care.
- To recognize the effect of lifestyle on personal health.
- To be respectful of the property of Palmer Chiropractic Clinics.
English to Spanish »